Wednesday, 25 February 2015

My online life

Those who have known me for the longest while online will know that every few years I may post an entry such as this wherein I explain my online policies, rules, feelings and generally what I do online. 

The first thing you-all should know is, I almost never post anything behind a security wall. The posts you see are all my posts I don't hide anything. 
I also never lie nor tell falsities, this is my real life. However this is not my whole life. Contrary to popular belief, I do not post everything happening in my life. I am selective about what I share and how I share it. 

I believe the point of posting on social media sites is to be, well, social. This means that when I post something, I am trying to be social. I am inviting discussion, I am inviting you to disagree with me, to argue your point with me.

I am not however inviting you to insult either myself nor anyone else. I do not like racism, sexism, homophobia or any type of speech that is hate-speech or prejudices members of a group. 

"Friending" online does not mean I want to be your friend. It only ever means that, for the moment, I enjoy what you are posting and I would like to read more. 
"Unfriending" online does not mean I don't want to be your friend, it only means I no longer enjoy what you are posting or your current style of posts. 

 I will never tell you what you may post or may not post. I will always fight for your right to post whatever the fuck you want to. If I don't like it, I will just walk away. In the same way, I expect you not to criticize what I post, if you don't like my posts, just walk away.  

Again, you may discuss what I post, we can argue about the subject, but I will not allow you to disagree with my right to post what I like in the style that I enjoy writing.

If you have something personal about me you feel I need to know, please take it to a private chat, or inbox me or something. Do not post vague comments in the hope I will "get it". 
I won't. 
I am far to often oblivious to social norms. 
Subtle hints fly right over my head. 
Just tell me straight. 

Oh yes, and never ever post about me behind my back. I will find out about it. People always talk or let slip or accidentally share or secretly like me better than you. 
Depending on how bad it is, I may just hate you or I may make you my mortal enemy. 
Just don't do it. 

One last thing. When I post about something vague but awfully specific in some of its details, be aware it is highly unlikely to be something that happened in the last few days. When something happens that I need to get off my chest via a post, I will make a note of it and some time in the future I will post about it. It's highly unlikely to  be that thing that happened just the other day. 

And one other very last thing. I am an adult. I have adult concerns, values and opinions. I do swear, I do discuss sexual, adult subjects. I do discuss religion and politics. I do enjoy visiting the darker side of my nature. I seldom post warning when I do. If you are not of age, or such subjects are not pleasant to you, as soon as you see a post heading in that direction, just stop reading. Don't come back to me and complain later, you have been warned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment