Monday, 21 July 2014

a continuation of a comment from Facebook

I am never fake on the Internet. My main reason for posting my life on the Internet is to share myself and my interests with like minded people, or what I hear some people call, friends. 


I sometimes do odd or weird stuff, or stuff that may seem weird to others and I use the Internet to explain myself to you and truth be told, to myself sometimes. 


I used to create a lot of holiday videos for YouTube to try and show the world why I love the places I love. If you have had a chance to watch any of them http://www.youtube.com/themyst1971 you will notice I talk a lot and at the same time a lot of the video is of the drive to the holiday destination showing the landscape of this beautiful country and how it changes or the scenery activities in the area and very little me me actually doing. 


Facebook, and I suppose this blog, is a place for me to share myself with others without tying them down during their busy time. I mean, who really has the time to spend hours listening to me talk about what I think of the latest Harry Potter movie or my favorite new game/TV show/hobby. 


There are things I want to share with my friends, like my lack of a love interest etc but would be too embarrassed to raise the subject around the water cooler at the office. Facebook is perfect for it. My friends are my friends and just because they are also my work colleagues or manager makes them no less a friend, just a little harder to raise certain subjects with in certain environments.


I left Facebook for awhile because I did not know or care about most the friends I was sharing with. Now I only friend my friends and those I want to share my Real Life time with. If you are on my friends list, you are invited to visit me anytime at my home or even at my place of work. 


So obviously, if I want you in my real life, I am only going to share my real self here even though the part I share here may not nessary be the part you know of me. I hope in some small way, you may find an interesting post once in awhile, or read something you may not have known. If nothing else, I hope that I may inspire you to visit a new location you have never visited before, to fall in love with this country all over again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment